Contact us regarding any issue relating to studying or doing research in Germany and to academic exchanges and cooperation between Germany and the Baltic states, or come to our office in Zigfrīda Annas Meierovica bulvāris 12 in Riga city centre.
On our pages, you will find information of all kinds about studying and doing research in Germany. We are here to help you with organizing and conducting academic collaboration between institutions in Germany, Estonia, Latvia and Lithuania. We provide advice regarding scholarships for students and researchers in all academic fields and at all levels of their academic career.
Up to Date Information
Subscribe to our Newsletter to get regular updates! Send an email with subject “Subscribe to newsletter” to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We organize Information events – both online and on site at your institution in Estonia, Latvia and Lithuania.
Our services are free of charge.
We happily arrange an event for your organisation – online or anywhere in Estonia, Latvia or Lithuania – regardless if you work for a school, a university, a company, a political institution, an NGO or another institution. Individual preferences on topics are always possible – our visit may be a lecture, a participation in a discussion, a personal conversation with a small group or take any other form.
Additionally, we are happy to participate in career consultation, “International Days”, “Study Abroad” fairs or similar events at your institution.
In addition, we understand ourselves as a nexus for the work of German Philologists and other German-related academic activities in North Eastern Europe.
Our events can be held in German, English or Latvian or a mix of these languages. Events with elements in Estonian, Lithuanian or Russian are possible on prior arrangement.
Even though we are open to individual arrangements, we suggest the following standard events for visiting your institution:
- “Classic” information lectures: A presentation on studying and research opportunities in Germany, as well as on scholarships (the focus may shift between studying and research depending on the audience).
- A life with the German language from kindergarten to a research scholarship: Opportunities of proficiency in German (suited for e.g. teenagers and parents of smaller children).
- The German language in the world and in the Baltic region – important in history, but still an important language today.
- Scholarship application workshops for students and / or researchers.
- Quizzes and games – the German language and Germany: Closer than you think! Suited for teenagers. The event may include a practical “linguistic landscape” investigation of the presence of the German language in the neighbourhood of your organisation.
- German for children – a playful look at a language not quite as foreign as children may think, and at things related to it.
The DAAD Information Centre Riga cooperates closely with other German institutions in Estonia, Latvia and Lithuania.
- German Embassies: Estonia, Latvia and Lithuania
- Goethe Institutes: Estonia, Latvia and Lithuania
- Central Agency for Schools Abroad: Estonia, Latvia and Lithuania
- German-Baltic Chamber of Commerce in Estonia, Latvia and Lithuania
- Konrad Adenauer Foundation: Estonia, Latvia and Lithuania
- Friedrich Ebert Foundation: Estonia, Latvia and Lithuania